24 Nov 2014

BIRD OF PREY HANDLING TASTER SESSION ~ BIRTHDAY TREAT


Saturday was a pretty uneventful day spent making sure camera batteries were charged and SD cards were cleared, in preparation for the epic event that was to come on Sunday! Now I say epic - it was to me -although I know it wouldn't be to a lot of people, but being that my dream occupation would be to become a Bird of Prey handler, having the chance of a taster session sent me bouncing around like Zebeedee! 


My partner bought me this experience for my birthday last month (thank you so much sweetie!), however, they have such a busy schedule at Gauntlet Birds of Prey, they were unable to fit me in until now! I have a previous blog post about this sanctuary which you can find here.

I can't sing praises for this place enough, so I'm just going to let the photos do the talking instead!













So I was fortunate enough to spend some time with a Boobook Owl, a Harris Hawk, a Hooded Vulture and a Southern White Faced Owl (I think I am accurate on this one! If anyone knows different, please correct me in the comments!).

And to round off, a couple of collages of some of the other fantastic birds at this centre!



I also would like to say a big thank you to Jenny (pictured below)


For being so lovely and doing such a wonderful job of hosting my taster session!

Hope you enjoyed this post! If you live in the Cheshire area and wish to visit and outstanding Bird of Prey Sanctuary, don't hesitate to go here! Link to the website below.



PHOTOGRAPHY CREDIT: STUART BOWDLER