As soon as October 1st arrives, I'm beyond excited for Hallowe'en! Who's with me?

23 Sep 2014

GAUNTLET BIRDS OF PREY ~ EAGLE AND VULTURE PARK ~ KNUTSFORD CHESHIRE


I really love this place! Ever since I was a little girl, my dream job has been to work with birds of prey! I guess visiting them at a place like this is the next best thing!


My first experience of Gauntlet was back in October of 2013, and I was taken by my boyfriend as part of my 40th birthday celebration! I didn't want the day to end! There are a few events throughout the day - a couple of flying displays, meet and greet with a few of the birds, vulture feeding, pygmy goats, activities for children and more, not to mention an ample choice of experience days to choose from!

If you live in or close to Cheshire and are looking for a 'well worth the money' day out, head for this place! You won't be disappointed! And even if you don't live near the centre, it is SO worth travelling out especially to see it!

Anyhow, enough of my waffling! Here's a few snapshots from our recent visit!








As you can see on the above left hand side photo, the birds are flown really low over your head, so you really do get the chance to be close to them, and if you are talented enough with a camera, you can get some great shots!

Here's one of mine!


 Not too bad for a complete novice right?



What's your favourite place to visit for a day out?